Monday, December 31, 2012

NFl Wild Card Round Picks

I went 11-5 in the final week of the season, giving me a final record of 162-94 in the regular season. But its playoff time now, and my one life dream is to have a perfect 11-0 postseason record. Its incredibly unlikely it will happen this year though, as this figures to be one of the most wide open races ever, particularly in the NFC, where I can make a legitimate case for all six teams to be in the super bowl. Its a little less open in the AFC in my opinion, I don't think any of the four teams playing wild card weekend in that conference can go on the road and win in New England or Denver, but we'll see. Heres the picks

Cincinnati Bengals at Houston Texans: The Texans are the epitome of a team playing their worst football going into the postseason. All season long they've looked like they would take the number one seed, and then on the last weekend they slip all the way to 3. Laying an egg at home to Minnesota, then losing at Indy is not the way you want to go into the playoffs. Not only that, the two biggest games they've played all season, Vs Green Bay and at New England, they played awful football both times. The Bengals meanwhile, are in the playoffs for a second straight year without really impressing anyone. Last year they did it beating up on weak teams while they lost to the good teams, so its understandable they were ignored, but there run was more impressive this year. As it stands, they haven't won a playoff game since 1990, before I was even born. Do I think it will happen this year? not quite, I still think Houston manages to get a playoff win this year, despite their awful play recently. Houston 27 Cincinatti 20

Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers: For the second time in four seasons, the Packers will play the same team in the wild card round that they played in week 17. The Packers lost a first round bye by losing to the Vikings today, which means a divisional round game against the 49ers would now take place in San Francisco rather than Lambeau. But first they need to get by the Vikings, who really scare me to death. The Packers SHOULD win this game. A home game where you have the superior QB is a game you should win. But Adrian Peterson is simply stunning, and he scares the crap out of me. I do think the Packers end up winning though, they are at home, they are more experienced, and beating a team two weeks in a row is very hard to do, especially a team as good as the Packers. Packers 31 Vikings 21

Indianapolis Colts at Baltimore Ravens: The Colts are an emotional team, and that can never be underestimated, and the Ravens are struggling a little bit heading into the playoffs. I feel wrong picking three straight home teams, but I really think the Ravens find a way to win a playoff game at home. I will also make the prediction this will be the ugliest game of the week. Ravens 23 Colts 16

Seattle Seahawks at Washington Redskins: The rookie QB battle. I like Washington in this game, but I am begging, hoping beyond hope, pleading with all my might for a Seahawks-Packers Championship game at Lambeau. I feel wrong picking the Seahawks to win a road playoff game, but Ill do it, against my better judgement. Seahawks 28 Redskins 24

I don't feel all that great about my picks this week, but Ill stand by them, not counting on this being the year for 11-0 though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments with vulgar language, racist language, personal attacks, or anything offensive will be deleted.