Monday, January 7, 2013

NFL Divisional Round Picks

I went 4-0 in picking wild card games, meaning the 11-0 dream is alive and well for this season. Im going to make some crazy picks this week though, so Im not overly confident that I'll be 8-0 when this weekend clears

Ravens at Broncos: The Ravens got a nice match up in round one, but that doesnt mask the fact theyve been pretty bad the last couple months, especially on the road. Meanwhile the Broncos have the longest winning streak in the NFL, and although Payton Manning has lost a few divisional round home games in his career, I dont expect it to happen here. Pick: Broncos

Packers at 49ers: The 49ers have the better defense, are more fundamentally sound, tackle well, dont commit turnovers, and are better at the Offensive and defensive line. The Packers have the better quarterback. good news, that may be all you need. Also a quarterback who has a tendency to play out of his mind when he has a chip in his shoulder, which he will this week. This is a very biased pick, I dont feel to good about it, but Im taking the Packers. I know I said it before, but Ill say it again, the winner of this game wins the super bowl. Pick: Packers

Seahawks at Falcons: Heres a pick I dont feel good about at all. The Seahawks will be facing the most raucous environment theyve faced all season, Im not sure how they'll handle it, they are clearly a different team at home. Speaking of a chip on the shoulder, Atlanta will have one the size of a boulder for this game. The Number one seed in the NFC has lost in the divisional round 4 of the last 5 seasons, one of those four was Atlanta, who lost to Green Bay in 2011. Thats a trend bound to end sometime, since before this streak the number one seed in the NFC won in the divisional round seventeen straight seasons. I'll say the trend continues for one more season though, for no other reason other than I am desperate for a Seahawks/Packers NFCCG. Pick: Seahawks

Texans at Patriots: The Texans have been struggling the last few games, and had a chance to get hot in the wild card round for some momentum for this game. I think they failed to do that though, clunking along through their win over the Bengals for an uninspired win. I'll gladly be wrong though, of the four teams left in the AFC, I know the Packers would beat 3, but am not so sure about the Patriots. I think they win this one though, unfortunately. Pick: Patriots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments with vulgar language, racist language, personal attacks, or anything offensive will be deleted.