Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Week 3 NFL Picks

After a rough week one, I went a cool 11-5 last week in picking games including nailing upset picks in the Panthers over the Saints, and Rams over the Redskins. I looked foolish however in my Raiders over Dolphins and Titans over Chargers picks. after two weeks I stand at 19-13 on the season, which is better than a lot of the "experts" featured on ESPN.

Giants at Panthers: A tough one right off the bat. After picking them to beat the Saints, it would take a lot of guts to pick the Panthers over another top team in the Giants. Guess what, Im going to do it. Until proven otherwise, im taking home teams in close Thursday night matchups because I think the short turnaround is a big benefit to the home team. Pick: Panthers

Rams at Bears: In a recurring theme so far through two weeks, the NFC West, the doormat of the NFL the past few seasons has had a strong showing so far this year. The Rams nearly beat Detroit on the road, then took out RG3, but I think the Bears, with the benefit of extra rest, bounce back this week. Pick:Bears

Bills at Browns: Yawn. Pick: Bills

Buccaneers at Cowboys: Will the real Cowboys please stand up? after beating the champs, they got dominated by the seahawks on the road. The Buccaneers are coming off a tough loss, and Im not sure theyll recover in time for this one. Pick: Cowboys

Lions at Titans: I picked the Titans to pull off an upset and got burned big time. I guess this team wont be a darkhorse like I thought they may be. Detroit has looked less than stellar, but will get a win here I think. Pick: Lions

Jaguars at Colts: Im not going to be shocked if Jacksonville contends for 0-16 this year. I think theyll be that bad. The Colts are back baby, well not really, but 2-1 is something to build on. Pick: Colts

Jets at Dolphins: I honestly have no clue what to expect in this game, but Ive disrespected both these teams so far by picking against them both games, and each of them came out with one convincing win to prove me wrong. Gimme the home team I guess. Pick: Dolphins

49ers at Vikings: Now that the queens are back to reality after their cinderella 1-0 start, theyll begin their usual freefall towards rock bottom in the division standings. Pick: 49ers

Chiefs at Saints: If youll recall, in my week one picks I said the Chiefs would have a decent year and make a playoff push. Im fully redacting that, they may be the worst team in the NFL through two weeks. I was so relieved when I saw the Saints had an easy win this week, because I do not want them 0-3 heading into Lambeau. Pick: Saints

Bengals at Redskins: The skins were picked by many to be on a playoff run after their week one victory, but then reality struck hard with a tough loss in St Louis and now a slew of injuries. RG3 will still put up big rookie numbers, but its going to be hard to overcome those injuries for a playoff push. Pick: Bengals

Eagles at Cardinals: Like the Rams and Seahawks, another NFC west doormat has impressed in the first two games The Cardinals however, have been the most impressive, with a big win in New England. Im not saying im a believer, but I will pick them to go 3-0. Pick: Cardinals

Falcons at Chargers: Another matchup of 2-0 teams. The Falcons probably been the second most impressive team in the NFL so far besides the 49ers. The Chargers have been the least impressive 2-0 team in recent memory. Ill take them at home though, since I picked against them last week at home and they proved me wrong. Pick: Chargers

Texans at Broncos: I really like the Texans, and Maybe Payton really isnt back to top form yet after all. Pick: Texans

Steelers at Raiders: I picked Oakland last week, and they looked god awful. Not making that mistake again. Pick: Pittsburgh

Patriots at Ravens: If the Pats beat the Cards Id take the Ravens, but the Pats always seem to bounce back strong after a suprising loss, so now Im going with them. Pick: Pats

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments with vulgar language, racist language, personal attacks, or anything offensive will be deleted.